Senior Sourcing Manager & Supplier Diversity
This position is a "dual hatted" role, with two intertwined objectives. The first being to work with the various functions in / around the enterprise in support of category and functional strategies which have been established. The Procurement Manager will have the responsibility and accountability for the sub-category and corresponding P&L impact. The purpose is to ensure a best-in-class support for all business operations, to realize year-on-year improvements in assurance of supply, service levels, quality, cost, compliance, and innovation in close collaboration with the customers in the business and other supplier/contractor managing entities. The secondary objective is to design, drive and support Alcon's strategic Supplier Diversity initiatives, programs, and reporting mandates. Support the development and execution of innovative strategies that ensure Alcon's Supplier Diversity pool has the ability to bid and compete with their non-Diverse counterpart businesses. It should be noted, both roles are of equal importance and value to the business and Procurement activities.
• Ensure support to the project leaders and cross-functional teams in the selection and management of suppliers and service providers on a project to project basis and link these decisions with the overall global category strategies.
• Support the business with contracting (negotiation and implementation of frame agreements, services agreements, confidentiality agreements and other agreements) within assigned category and with the help of service centers (if applicable) in compliance with legal, ethical, and procurement standards and protecting trade secrets and IP.
• Serve as an escalation point for procurement related topics for the project teams and the suppliers.
• Assist in the development of sourcing strategies, which help align Alcon's diversity, spend to our stated SBA goals with Diverse Suppliers.
•Support the development and execution of the corporate Supplier Diversity strategy; including, but not limited to sourcing efforts, policies and procedures, and compliance activities supporting Alcon's stated SBA plan.
•Aid in the development and communication of Alcon's Supplier Diversity program; highlighting the various benefits of being a good corporate citizen and partner within the community.
•Develop and maintain effective infrastructure reporting to ensure reliability of Supplier Diversity data and resultant credibility of the program.
•Submit Alcon's eSRS and Subcontracting plans annually and on time.
•Periodically conduct Supplier Diversity training to leadership, Procurement, internal Business Partners.
•Manage Supplier Diversity event schedule, attendees and logistics for expos.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• University degree or equivalent (e.g. BSc, BA) in a relevant technical/scientific field or in business
• Preferably business/procurement training (CISCP, Strategic Sourcing, Six Sigma etc.)
• Excellent command of written and spoken English, other major languages are a plus
• Minimum of 7 years directly related experience
• Demonstrated people management and time/task management skills
• Profound knowledge of working with suppliers, third parties and external service providers, ideally in pharmaceutical and medical device industry
• Proven ability to lead and participate in development projects, track record of successful delivering results within cross-functional teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid presentation capabilities to multi levels within and organization from executive to entry level
• Excellent negotiation skills and profound knowledge to set up supply & service agreements in close cooperation with internal legal departments
• Excellent team worker in a multidisciplinary environment with strong focus on internal customers and business partners
• Demonstrated innovative thinking in supplier development and innovation implementation approaches
• Ability to travel occasionally (not anticipating any more than 5-10%)
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top