Senior Software Engineer
Design, develop, integrate and test embedded software for computer controlled electromechanical devices in a Real Time Operating System (RTOS) environment for medical devices. Apply strong working knowledge of design principles that facilitate maintainability, reuse, and clarity of design. In this position you will gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the eye.
- Develops and applies principles of software engineering to analysis and provide solutions to problems.
- Uses previous experience to identify the most appropriate tools and technologies to adapt or improve existing designs and processes.
- Works with some level of independence to make decisions impacting own scope of work.
- Operates within clear guidelines with regard to how to handle decisions outside direct experience. Issues arising outside guidelines or operating procedures are normally escalated for resolution.
- Assures continuity of products and processes
- Assures compliance to customer and non-customer requirements.
- May lead design reviews and review action items.
- Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all project work.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements • BSCS, BSEE or BSCE & 4 yrs work experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required
- 4 years hands-on embedded software development
- Programming in C++ and C targeting embedded Microcontrollers
- Object Oriented design patterns and implementation in C++
- Deploying various RTOS based applications and designing multi-threaded applications
- Knowledge of various hardware control systems: waveform generation, transducer signal sampling, motor control and other electromechanical control desired
- Understanding of basic electronics circuitry: board bring up and interfacing with on and off chip peripherals such as SPI, UART, I2C, ADC's and DAC's
- Use of lab equipment (logic analyzers, in-circuit emulators, oscilloscopes and DVMs) to debug and troubleshoot designs
- Using static analysis, unit testing and other tools/methods to produce high quality designs
- Team player with demonstrated commitment to meeting schedule and project milestones.
- Prefer Experience developing applications with both wired (CAN, Ethernet) and wireless communication networks (802.15.4, BLE)
- 5+ yrs medical device development work experience that meet real-time requirements defined by Risk Management and Product Requirements
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top