Senior R&D Test Engineer
This position is located in Belmont, CA
• Conducts process research, process development and process upscaling for design and development of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and other medical device products related to ophthalmology.
• Works closely with R&D team to investigate and evaluate existing technology and design new methodology, materials, machines or processes as needed to meet customer needs for intraocular lens development.
• Designs, develops and executes engineering test methods to support development of intraocular lens devices and technologies.
• Performs testing and experiments, manages collection and analysis of scientific and engineering test data, and coherently synthesizes and communicates results to provide actionable input to product design and development effort.
• Develops test equipment and apparatus, including development of mechanisms, control and data acquisition software, and quality system documentation.
• Works closely with engineers and scientists from a range of disciplines including mechanical design, manufacturing engineering, optics and materials science.
• Understands needs from diverse group of scientific and engineering stakeholders and communicates results effectively to the multidisciplinary project team.
• With supervision and guidance, works independently to provide increased definition to problems and to generate recommendations and solutions based on previous engineering experience.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
EEO Statement Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements • Bachelor's Degree with 2 Years of Relevant Experience or Equivalent years of directly related experience (High School +10yrs; Associates +6yrs; M.S.+0yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
• Broad work experience applying and directly contributing expertise in engineering research and/or development methods and applications.
• Proven ability to develop solutions for problems that require the regular use of creativity. Interacts with senior professionals on difficult matters.
• Knowledge of ISO, FDA, MDD and regulations applicable to the design and development of medical device/science/technology.
• Excellent process management and problem solving skills.
• Understands applied practice, concepts and processes in a defined discipline or scientific/technical field.
• Provides specific advice in own area and recommends improvements to well established and clearly defined processes.
Back to top