Senior Principal Scientist – Analytics
The purpose for this role is to support the Dry Eye and Ocular Health business portfolio through efficient, effective and innovative science and solutions.
• Supplies technical advice and counsel to other professionals in both new product development and post market support.
• Plans, conducts and provides analytical technical direction to one or more projects of major importance and difficulty where the complexity of technical problems involved requires the broad application of advanced knowledge. This includes: development, documentation, validation and transfer of analytical methods according to current regulations; specification setting including stability and release testing; and proactive identification of technical issues with the proposal of creative solutions.
• Support all current and future filings
• Comprehensive knowledge within their professional discipline
• Complexity emerges from the requirement to: Provide comprehensive advice on a wide range of issues that are different, but related; provide technical or professional advice to internal and external contacts; and make independent decisions.
• Directs outputs of team, project or business activity, often across locations.
• Accountable for success of a project or activity.
• Makes decisions independently, within a clear program of action.
• Guided by precedence with managerial support available as required.
• Develops and manages specific initiatives to deliver tactical results.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school+15 yrs; Assoc.+14 yrs; M.S.+7 yrs; PhD+6 yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 7+ Years of Relevant Experience
• Demonstrated skill in multiple analytical techniques (e.g. HPLC, GC, GPC. IR, etc.), relevant software tools (e.g. EMPOWER), LIMS, statistical analysis tools and good knowledge of QbD.
• Broad technical know-how and medical device industrial experience
• Proven ability to operate and influence cross-functionally, cross-culturally, and in matrix organizations
• Result oriented; quality work provided even when operating under tight timelines and budgets
• Pharmaceutical background in small molecule and polymer analysis is highly preferred
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top