Senior Principal Engineer - Packaging (Opthalmic/Med Device)
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support on ophthalmic product design and simulation while working cross-functionally with other teams to create excellent ophthalmic product solutions.
• Serve as Engineer on the Dry Eye and Ocular Health portfolio within the Vision Care franchise to lead design and development of novel and effective methods of packaging ophthalmic products.
• Support selection of appropriate existing Alcon packaging for new ophthalmic products.
• Provide packaging specifications with inputs from the project core team.
• Generate, analyse, and report data from laboratory and simulation and provide technical guidance on selection of package and in support of global product registration.
• Interact with external consultant(s) and contractors to develop technology and conduct necessary research.
• Support all current and future filings
• Directs outputs of team, project or business activity, often across locations and with external contractors
• Makes decisions independently, within a clear program of action, while maintaining a close collaboration with team members
• Guided by precedence with managerial support available as required.
• Develops and manages specific initiatives to deliver tactical results.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's degree plus 7 years of directly related work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience (HS+15, Asc. +14, MS/PhD + 7, PhD+6).
• Ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• Ability to work under minimum oversight to identify and prioritize work activities as necessary to achieve project goals within set timelines.
• Ability to produce high quality work output capable of meeting project needs, even when operating under tight timelines.
• Works efficiently and productively with other team members.
• Adheres to Alcon's guidelines for appropriate workplace behaviours and attitudes
• Ability to operate and influence cross-functionally, cross-culturally, and in matrix organizations
• Demonstrated skill in engineering design tools, modelling, etc.
• Candidates who have both pharmaceutical and medical device backgrounds will be given preference.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top