Senior Modeler (Data Scientist)
You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
This position will support specific Alcon R&D projects and/or capability development initiatives with minimal supervision from senior M&S associates and/or Head of M&S. The tasks may include, but are not limited to, exploratory data analysis, modeling to support exploratory and confirmatory product development, and/or documenting and communicating modeling results to key R&D stakeholders.
This position is best suited for an analyst with a strong ability to drive business results using quantitative methodology. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals with a passion for Image Analytics, Computer Vision, Modeling, or Data Science looking to be part of a quantitative group. Candidate must have proven experience applying analytical tools to solve real-world problems and for extracting actionable insights from data. Additional responsibilities for this role are as follows:
• Conduct quantitative assessment to enable efficient product development, testing and commercialization
• Build and apply predictive models or appropriate analytical methods on clinical or real-world data to improve patient vision outcome
• Build and apply machine-learning or deep-learning algorithm to detect signals for ocular disease progression using image-based data or using information captured by devices
• Communicate inference using appropriate visualization techniques to appropriate stakeholders
• Scope modeling opportunities and develop modeling/analysis plan for project teams
• Execute project modeling/analysis plans to achieve high quality deliverable
• Manage collaboration with internal partners and/or external (academia, consulting) groups
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience (HS +10 yrs; Assoc.+6 yrs; M.S.+2 yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 2 Years of Relevant Experience
• Advanced modeling and simulation knowledge with proven experience to support product development in the biomedical industry or equivalent industry experience
• Experience in developing and applying one or more of the following to solve real-world problems, namely, predictive modeling, signal processing, image analysis, visualization, neural-network or other machine learning techniques
• A deep familiarity with applications for data processing, predictive modeling, image processing, visualization, and machine learning algorithm development (e.g. MATLAB, R, Python, ImageJ, TensorFlow)
• Experience with business intelligence tools or distributed data/computing tools is an asset
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams, Demonstrated aptitude for collaboration with other quantitative partners.
• Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Preferred Qualifications:
An advanced degree with 4 or more years of related experience
Back to top