Senior Medical Adviser
Provide state of the art medical and clinical development expertise to drive Alcon scientific message delivery to key influencers and stakeholders. Provide input and ensure alignment between Medical Affairs strategy and surgical business franchise needs to drive Medical Affairs for a brand.
Key Business Responsibilities include:
1) Medical and Scientific Information
• Provide in depth clinical and scientific information to internal and on demand external customers in relation to Alcon cataract surgical products
• Maintain an in depth understanding of Alcon surgical products and relevant therapeutics including but not limited
o vitreoretinal diseases and injuries
o product differentiation
o emerging indications
2) Customers/Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
• Responsible for the management of relationships with national and area key opinion leaders to ensure alignment of clinical and scientific opinion with Alcon medical affairs strategy.
• Organise advisory and scientific round table meetings with specialists
• Attend congresses to meet with opinion leaders, observe podium presentations and maintain in depth understanding of scientific and therapeutic advances
3) Local phase IV studies/publications:
• Plan, initiate, manage the implementation and drive timely publication of Post Phase III clinical activities.
• Planning, initiating and realizing the post-registration clinical development program and ensuring of timely publication of information about conducted studies.
• Initiation of local clinical trials, control of local clinical trials conduction including collaboration with third parties on commitment execution.
4) R&D study support
• Advise/recommend potential investigators for local and global studies, ensuring the right mix of KOLs
• Provides support to national investigators participating in Alcon sponsored studies as appropriate
• Maintains understanding of International and national legal, regulatory, ethical requirements for the conduct of clinical research
5) Business Unit support, Promotion/Training:
• Provide scientific support to surgical BU on an as required basis to support business needs
• Provide speakers for educational events, congresses, symposia and other events to spread and enhance scientific knowledge
• In collaboration with PMs create and review promotional and training material tailored to the needs of the product and according to relevant SOP and local regulations.
• Support creation and delivery of scientific training and therapies presentations to internal and external customers
Minimum requirements Education and Experience:
• MD (preferably) or bioscience
• >2 years' experience in clinical medicine (highly preferable Ophthalmology) and/or research, and/or medical affairs
• Experience in the pharmaceutical and/or medical devices industry, in a field base liaison role (preferable) or in clinical trials
Skills and abilities:
• Able to understand the clinical and scientific aspects of ophthalmology
• Ability presenting and discussing complex data with senior clinicians and colleagues; KOL management
• Medical and scientific writing skills
• Knowledge of clinical trial design statistics and pharmacokinetics
Back to top