Senior Mechanical Engineer II / Local Candidates Only
•The Senior Mechanical Engineer II is responsible for the design of consumables or accessories for a medical device as part of a new product development team and be involved in all phases of the product development from product concept through commercial launch and sustaining of marketed products.
- Improves product design or designs new product using sound engineering principles and achieves expertise in mechanical engineering.
- Be technical lead for new consumable medical device development and ensure that design activities are coordinated for SOP and GMP.
- Responsible for leading, participating in or supporting the product development activities such as prototyping/testing, pilot builds, verification & validation testing, risk assessment and production tooling validation.
- Responsible for project planning and provide technical leadership in project execution
- Supports the development of new project proposals and execution of projects
- Assures that new intellectual property is disclosed through MOI's and that patent filings
- Support the design of new cataract or vitroretinal consumable devices with Solid Work or ProE.
- Support the development of new test methods, procurement of tooling and equipment and executing long term testing for implants.
- Work with physician partners in pre-clinical and clinical environment to evaluate technology and gain understanding of ophthalmic anatomy and diseases.
- Perform engineering testing on animal and human tissues
- Document critical information within specification, protocols, reports and patent applications.
- Demonstrate drive for results, creative problem solving, effective team work and communication.
- Compliance to all regulatory, quality and safety requirements
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •BA/BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 7 years directly related experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required
- Knowledge of 3-D CAD (Solid Works or Pro-E)
- Possess high degree of engineering problem solving skills
- Able to design complex assembly tools/fixtures to support high volume production
- Work experience with stainless steel and Titanium alloy
- Excellent teamwork skills with ability to lead
- Plastic injection molding and over-molding
- Rapid prototype design and build for proof of concept
- Familiar with Medical Device Directive, FDA and other similar regulatory directive.
- Experience with selection of bio-compatible material
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top