Senior Mechanical Engineer
•The Senior Engineer is responsible for the design of systems, subsystems, and/or components for a medical device as part of a new product development team and be involved in all phases of the product development from product concept through commercial launch and sustaining of marketed products.
- The Senior Engineer improves product design or designs new product using sound engineering principles and achieves expertise in mechanical engineering.
- Uses broad experience and high technical proficiency to execute projects on a variety of clinical and commercial Surgical Glaucoma procedure and White space applied research topics.
- Designing new products and/or supporting product quality improvement for ophthalmic micro stent implant platform
- Executes design to engineering standards.
- Writes design verification/validation plan, perform testing and write verification/validation report.
- Supports the development of new project proposals and execution of projects
- Assures that new intellectual property is disclosed through MOI’s and that patent filings are fully supported
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or plastics or related discipline with solid foundation in applied mechanics.
- BS +7 yrs exp MS +5-8 yrs exp Ph.D. +2-5 yrs exp
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills with superior presentation capabilities, required.
- Research and/or product development experience, preferably with Ophthalmic implantable medical devices focus
- Plastic injection molding, extrusion, and plastic joining techniques
- Strong experience with micro stent, catheter based technologies
- Materials such as plastics, adhesives, stainless steel, nitinol, and small part mechanical design is desired.
- Designing, developing, qualifying and launching medical products/technology
- Determining engineering specifications, requirements, building prototypes and products
- Extensive experience with fatigue analysis, fracture mechanics, fluid mechanics of medical products
- Extensive experience in structural reliability testing and analysis of materials and/or implantable medical products
- FEA, fatigue test method development, test method qualification and validation
- Developing intellectual properties
- CAD system knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, people and process management, and problem solving skills
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top