Senior Mechanical Engineer (CAD & Plastic Part Design)
•Development of mechanical surgical consumables and accessories.
- Define requirements and develop mechanical consumables/accessories for surgical systems.
- Proficient in plastic parts design and design for manufacturability in particular injection molding.
- Proficient in Pro-Engineer for modeling and design.
- Collaborate with the console/module team to develop the interface and layouts to accomplish system functionality goals.
- Work under limited supervision on projects with more experienced engineers.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Mechanical Engineering Discipline: Ph.D. + 2-5 years related experience or; MS + 5-8 years related experience or; BS + 7 years related experience
- Must be fluent in written and verbal English.
- Experience with plastic part design and manufacturing methods such as injection molding, die cast, machining, sheet metal, cabling, welding (metal and plastic), and DFM/DFA.
- Proficient with solid modeling, tolerance analysis, and GD&T.
- Proficient in PTC Creo
- Fundamental understanding of Creo Surface Modeling
- Understand how to manage CAD external references using skeleton, PG, and ECGs
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top