Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
DUE TO OUR SURGICAL EXPANSION, THRE ARE MULTIPLE OPENINGS FOR THIS POSITION
- This position works in a collaborative team environment developing innovative solutions for cutting edge ophthalmic surgical equipment.
- Conducts process research, process development and process upscaling for new medical device products.
- Investigates and evaluates existing technology and design new methodology, materials, machines or processes as needed for medical device development. In this position you will gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the eye.
- Responsible for the design and development of mechanical components, systems, and products using TDD.
- Develops requirements, performance verification and validation, production transfer and related documentation.
- Works with cross-functional teams including EE, SW, QA, Mfg and Field Service
- Designs components, or portions of a functional system, or prototype, or specific products for medical device/science/technology.
- Applies intermediate level principles of engineering analysis, blend technical knowledge and manufacturing practices in providing solutions to problems arising within the department pertaining to the assigned projects.
- Assures continuity of products and processes assessment feasibility, research, design, development, compliance to customer and non-customer requirements, transfer to production.
- May lead design reviews and review action items.
- Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all project work.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •BS Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and 4 years directly related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Ability to take responsibility for multiple concurrent design activities
- Must possess fundamental, theoretical and applied knowledge related to general mechanical engineering.
- Proven ability to develop solutions for problems that require the regular use of creativity.
- Knowledge of ISO, FDA, MDD and regulations applicable to the design and development of medical device/science/technology.
- Excellent process management and problem solving skills.
- 3 years medical device work experience and MS + 6 years directly related experience.
- Proficient with mechanism design, die cast, injection molding, machining, sheet metal, interconnect, DfX
- Proficient with solid modeling, detailed drawings, tolerance analysis, and GD&T
- Work experience in the medical device industry
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top