Senior Global Brand Medical Affairs Lead - Vision Care/Contact Lenses
•Lead the development and execution of Global Medical Affairs strategic plans (Phase IIIb/IV, Health Economic and Outcomes Research, Medical Publications, Medical Education, Medical Information, Medical/Clinical Customer Support) for one or several major Alcon Global Brands in alignment with the overall brand strategies.
- Develops a comprehensive Global Medical Affairs strategic plan for one or more specific brands along the lifecycle (starting at confirmatory) based on clear identification and understanding of unmet needs, available literature, key competitors, current medical practices, trends, and patients that clinically differentiates the brand and supports successful Global and Regional execution in order to maximize the brand lifetime value.
- Acts as Medical Affairs representative on product development project Core Team (during confirmatory stage) and the Global brand marketing team to guide the development and implementation of the global brand strategy.
- Leads the Global Medical Team (from product launch).
- Targets activities at the needs and requirements of major customers and key stakeholders (i.e., Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and the medical and scientific community, patients, Health Authorities).
- Ensures that current Health Economics and Outcomes Research initiatives are integrated into the product development strategy.
- Generates clinical evidence that is aligned with the Medical Affairs strategy, including appropriate endpoint development / identification and determination of the most important disease and patient segmentation for clinical development registration and Phase IV studies.
- Creates a highly influential medical and scientifically based platform; builds global and local KOL relationships, medical communication and publication plans, conference participation, medical education and communication initiatives, and patient programs.
- Integrates and aligns across teams and organizational units to ensure effective medical support of Global brand strategy.
- Provides proactive input to the research organization on potential new therapeutic indications and opportunities based on unmet needs.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
Can be located in Johns Creek, GA!
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor's degree required / Professional degree preferred such as MD, OD and/or PhD
- Strong communication skills required
- Study design and clinical research experience preferred
- Vision care and/or contact lens experience preferred
- 7 years directly related experience
- English proficiency required
Can be located in Johns Creek, GA!
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top