Senior Global Brand Med Aff Lead
You want to see farther, and here at Alcon we have some shoulders for you to stand on. You didn’t flinch from the hard courses in school and now you navigate just fine between physics and engineering, chemistry and statistics. But you’re looking for more. You want to make a difference. Alcon’s world-class research and development team is the place to find out how much of a difference you can make. As you work with us, you’ll be able to reach the point where standard methods no longer suffice—you’ll need to take your game to the next level. The challenge might be to design new concepts for intraocular lenses or novel non-clinical models for cataract surgery. It could be an assignment to collaborate on advanced analytical methods or to consult with outside specialists on new trends. At Alcon, there’s a variety of scientific and technological areas to explore. Our R&D teams are already looking for better ways to improve people’s eyesight and we think you can help us see a little farther too. Come and share our vision.
- Lead the development and execution of Global Medical Affairs surgical strategic plans (Phase IIIb/IV, Health Economic and Outcomes Research, Medical Publications, Medical Education, Medical Information, Medical/Clinical Customer Support) for one or several major Alcon Global Brands in alignment with the overall brand strategies.
- Develops a comprehensive Global Medical Affairs strategic plan for one or more specific surgical brands along the lifecycle (starting at confirmatory) based on clear identification and understanding of unmet needs, available literature, key competitors, current medical practices, trends, and patients that clinically differentiates the brand and supports successful Global and Regional execution in order to maximize the brand lifetime value.
- Acts as Medical Affairs representative on product development project Core Team (during confirmatory stage) and the Global brand marketing team to guide the development and implementation of the global brand strategy.
- Leads the Global Medical Team (from product launch).
- Targets activities at the needs and requirements of major customers and key stakeholders (i.e., Surgical Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and the medical and scientific community, patients, Health Authorities).
- Ensures that current Health Economics and Outcomes Research initiatives are integrated into the product development strategy.
- Generates clinical evidence that is aligned with the Medical Affairs strategy, including appropriate endpoint development / identification and determination of the most important disease and patient segmentation for clinical development registration and Phase IV studies.
- Creates a highly influential medical and scientifically based platform; builds global and local KOL relationships, medical communication and publication plans, conference participation, medical education and communication initiatives, and patient programs.
- Integrates and aligns across teams and organizational units to ensure effective medical support of Global brand strategy.
- Provides proactive input to the research organization on potential new therapeutic indications and opportunities based on unmet needs.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements -Bachelor’s degree. Professional degree preferred such as MD, OD and/or PhD.
- Fluent in English.
- 5 years related experience.
- Surgical / Medical Device experience preferred.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top