Senior Engineer - Electrical
•This position works in a collaborative team environment developing innovative solutions for ophthalmic and diagnostic surgical instruments and equipment.
- Responsible for design and development of general purpose analog and digital circuits and systems.
- Responsible for design and development of illumination, laser, and vitreous cutter control functions.
- Responsible for design and development of power supplies and cabling.
- Participates in the design and development of embedded hardware using microcontrollers and CPLDs.
- Understanding of EMC/EMI and safety regarding regulatory requirements for medical equipment.
- Responsible for taking a design from concept to manufacturing.
- Participates in product specification definition and hardware architecture.
- Define and execute design verification plans.
- Participate in and hold design reviews supporting electronic hardware development.
- Uses basic analytical techniques and/or previous experience to identify the most appropriate option or to adapt or improve existing approaches.
- Provides technical or professional advice to external and/or internal contacts.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or related science/engineering discipline plus 5 years’ experience, or MS plus 2 years’ experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated work experience in analog and digital circuit design of various control, illumination, cabling, and power supplie circuits.
- Demonstrated work experience in system level design and integration of devices and equipment with a preference to medical devices.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top