The main purpose of this position is to conduct process research, process development and process upscaling for new medical device products. This position investigates and evaluates existing technology and designs new methodology, materials, machines and/or processes as needed for medical device development. The position also has the responsibility to identify, design and implement production support/improvements to machines and processes related to the support of IOL, (Intra-Ocular Lens) manufacturing.
• Designs components, or portions of a functional system, or prototype, or specific products for medical device/science/technology.
• Applies intermediate level principles of engineering analysis, blend technical knowledge and manufacturing practices in providing solutions to problems arising within the department pertaining to the assigned projects.
• Uses previous experience to identify the most appropriate option to adapt or improve existing approaches.
• Interprets information to make decisions impacting own scope of work.
• Assures continuity of products and processes assessment feasibility, research, design, development, compliance to customer and non-customer requirements, transfer to production.
• May lead design reviews and review action items.
• Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all project work.
• Operates within clear guidelines with regard to how to handle decisions outside direct experience.
• Issues arising outside guidelines or operating procedures are normally escalated for resolution.
• Provides specific advice in own area and recommends improvements to well established and clearly defined processes.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Fluent in verbal and written English communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field with 2+ years of directly related working experience OR equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Broad work experience applying and directly contributing expertise in engineering research and development methods and applications.
• Proven ability to develop solutions for complex problems that require the regular use of creativity and originality. •
• Ability to professionally interact with senior professionals on complex matters.
• Knowledge of ISO, FDA, MDD and regulations applicable to the design and development of medical device/science/technology.
• Excellent process management, problem solving skills and presentation capabilities.
• Experience in optics, optical measurement equipment and validation is preferred.
Back to top