Senior Electrical Engineer
DUE TO OUR SURGICAL EXPANSION THERE ARE MULTIPLE OPENINGS AVAILABLE
- This position works in a collaborative team environment developing innovative solutions for ophthalmic cataract phacoemulsification surgery and vitreous surgery equipment and systems.
- Investigates and evaluates existing technology and designs new methodology and processes as needed for medical device development.
- In this position you will gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the eye.
- Responsible for design and development of general purpose analog and digital circuits and systems.
- Support Host computer (x86) and display development internally and with external suppliers.
- Responsible for development and integration of footswitch assembly and general interconnect cablin
- Participates in the design and interfacing of embedded hardware using microcontrollers and CPLDs.
- Responsible for taking a design from concept to beta phase testing with manufacturing.
- Participates in product specification definition and hardware architecture.
- Define and execute design verification plans.
- Participate in and hold design reviews supporting electronic hardware development
- Uses basic analytical techniques and/or previous experience to identify the most appropriate option or to adapt or improve existing approaches.
- Provides technical or professional advice to external and/or internal contacts
- Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all project work.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •BSEE or related science/engineering discipline and 4 years' directly related work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Solid knowledge of analog and digital circuits and systems.
- Work experience with design and interfacing of embedded hardware using microcontrollers and CPLDs.
- Proven ability to take design from concept to beta phase testing with manufacturing.
- Understanding of EMC/EMI and safety regarding regulatory requirements for medical equipment.
- 7 years' work experience in the medical device industry.
- Board level design with Allegro and OrCAD schematic capture.
- Lab View experience.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top