Senior Electrical Engineer
•This position develops and tests effective and (sometimes) innovative electronics to control optical and opto-mechanical systems that are incorporated into world class, industry leading ophthalmic diagnostic instruments as part of a collaborative high performance project team.
- Responsible for design and development of general purpose analog and digital circuits and systems.
- Responsible for design and development of control systems used in positioning of optical and opto-mechanical systems and in OCT.
- Responsible for development/design and integration of power supplies, instrumentation, and host computers
- Responsible for the design of and execution of tests and experiments.
- Participates in the design and development of embedded hardware using microcontrollers and CPLDs.
- Understanding of EMC/EMI and safety regarding regulatory requirements for medical equipment.
- Responsible for taking a design from concept to manufacturing.
- Participates in product specification definition and hardware architecture.
- Defines and execute design verification plans.
- Participates in and hold design reviews supporting electronic hardware development.
- Uses analysis and/or previous experience to identify the most appropriate option or to adapt or improve existing approaches.
- Provides technical or professional advice to external and/or internal contacts.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •EE Discipline BS + 5 years' work experience, or: MS + 2 years' work experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Understanding of EMC/EMI and safety regarding regulatory requirements for medical equipment Design and development of: general purpose analog and digital circuits and systems - control systems used in positioning of optical and opto-mechanical systems and in OCT -power supplies, instrumentation, host computers (and integration)
- Working knowledge of: -ORCAD -Spice - Numerical Optimization/Machine learning -SIC controller simulation and tuning (preferred) -Matlab -Labview
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top