Senior Big Data Engineer
Do you want to join our new GBS Shared Service Centre in Warsaw? If you do you could be the perfect match and prospective employee for our exciting journey at Alcon.
Here at Alcon we are passionate about improving patients' lives allowing them to see brilliantly and we would love you to be part of the team making this happen!
As part of the Analytics team, work closely with Business stakeholders to understand Analytics needs, create, support or enhance Analytics products that align with Alcon's Data and Analytics strategy and standards.
• Deliver business solution on Alcon's analytics platform through end-to-end implementation that includes data security, governance, cataloging, preparation, visualization and advanced analytics
• Automate, optimize, migrate and enhance existing solutions.
• Perform data modeling, data analysis and providing insights using various tools.
Minimum requirements • Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of applicable experience
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 5+ years of applicable experience in Data and Analytics
• Good understanding of traditional and latest data and analytics platforms architecture models.
• Good understanding and work knowledge with data management and governance solutions
• Expert in Big Data, and Analytics Technologies - Should have hands-on experience and expertise around majority of the skills below, if not all
• Combined 5+ experience in Big Data cloud platforms, Data Lakes, and Data Warehouses
• 1+ years' experience in Visualization and Reporting Tools like Tableau, Salesforce Einstein Analytics and QlikSense
• 5+ years' experience in languages - Java, Python, & Scala
• Experience in RDBMS - Oracle, SQL Server etc. Good working knowledge of SQL is a must
• Knowledge of Data Science tools & languages - R, Python, Zeppelin or Jupyter notebooks, etc.
• 3+ years Experience in AWS Services that include but not limited to Glue, EMR, S3, SNS, SQS, Athena, Redshift, Lamda, and Step functions
Back to top