Research Associate – Surface Chemistry
•The Associate Scientist is responsible for executing studies to research, develop novel surface coatings and developing surface testing methods for Alcon’s contact lenses.
- Research, develop and optimize surface coating chemistry and coating process for contact lenses, from conception to commercialization
- Develop new surface testing methods or improve existing methods to evaluate surface properties of contact lenses
- Design appropriate experiments and execute them with hands-on work in a research laboratory environment
- Document experimental results in appropriate formats (laboratory notebook, memo and/or report) and perform (statistical) analysis of data as needed, communicate idea and data effectively to project teams
- Supports team in the execution of project plans prepared in cooperation with project team leadership.
- Develops and completes experimental plans to achieve project targets in cooperation with senior scientists
- Compiles, analyzes and communicates results effectively to project team members in coordination with senior scientists.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •BS in chemistry related discipline 0-4 years’ experience in related field. MS 0-2 year experience in related field
- Fluency in English required.
- Basic Chemistry, polymer chemistry, and/or surface coating experience are desired
- Analytical (especially surface analysis) experience is desired
- Must be able to write reports and communicate well to internal customers.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top