- The Financial Reporting and Accounting Specialist Record to Report (R2R) provides quality services, securing company assets by applying tight controls in the
financial transactions, while providing accurate financial information and timely reporting of balances.
- This role supports the GL Accounting, Reporting/Systems, Fixed Assets, SOX testing within the FSC, ensuring its quality and effectiveness.
- Ensures that systems, documentation, compliance and reporting are in place and actively contributes continuous improvement projects to provide highly effective and efficient end-to-end processes.
• Provides services at expected levels with a clear customer focus and escalates exceptions
• Supports continuous improvements and process changes towards efficient and effective processes
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for related policies and processes
• Supports the measurement and delivery of service levels and KPI targets
• Corresponds to internal and external inquiries
• Manage day-to-day activities for General Ledger Accounting
Performs the period-end closing and reporting in accordance with laws
and required standards
• Performs the balance sheet account reconciliations of allocated accounts and ensures timely resolution and cleans of overdue items identified.
• Ensures proper accounting of financial transactions and accounting specific questions are well addressed and solved.
• Proactively reviews accounts to ensure all financial transactions are valid and recorded to ensure accuracy of reported data.
• Assures correct valuation and completeness of all assets and liabilities.
• Ensures proper functionality and process linkages from/to other systems
• Reviews and/or records requested company cross-charges and manual journal entries including proper documentation
• Responsibility for year-end financial statements preparation including notes in compliance with Romanian statutory accounting and IFRS standards and supporting documentation for audit purposes.
• Review inventory booking.
Minimum requirements • University level degree in Business Administration/
Economics/Finance or Chartered Accountant / MBA desirable
• +5 years of Financial experience, with in-depth functional expertise
• Previous experience in managing Financial Services
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-national, matrix organization
• SAP knowledge
• Proactive approach
• Flexibility during month-end closing
• Good command in English
• Good communication & Collaboration skills
• Demonstrate high ratability and self motivation
• Drive accountability and results
• Analysis and synthesis capacity
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Jose V.Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top