Quality Test Engineer
- Santa Barbara, CA
This position will be located in Goleta, CA
• This position will perform test and quality assurance activities related to developing optical, opto-mechanical, and electrical components and assemblies within medical devices for surgical visualization.
• Position is also required to continuously improve engineering characterization testing, create, execute, and maintain test cases to assist design engineers in producing a highly reliable, manufactural, and robust design.
• Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and execution lab and field-testing.
• An understanding of IEC 60601-1 and 60601-1-2 procedures and methods.
• Organize engineering quality programs by preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources including test laboratories and equipment.
• Ensure highest quality by establishing testing standards; conducting and witnessing tests; performing diagnostic procedures; evaluating performance; analyzing and interpreting findings; performing forensic analysis of failures and other troubleshooting.
• Write engineering characterization and testing procedures and complete related reports and records.
• Coordinates with outside testing facilities, suppliers, and functional peer groups.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +10 yrs; Assoc. +6 yrs; M.S. +2 yrs).
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 2 Years of Relevant Experience
• Experience using DMMs, Oscilloscopes, thermal cameras, environmental chambers, CMM, calipers, and other inspection tools and equipment
• Four or more years of progressive quality and/or test engineering experience
• Reading mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
Back to top