Quality Information Systems Project Engineer
•Serves as the global business system owner for Alcon’s global learning management and global documentation management information systems providing consultation and services on cross-company/parent company initiatives, committees and networks.
- Responsible for the business information system ownership of the global learning management (LMS) and documentation management systems (DMS) for Alcon; including coordination with the business and NBS IT communities to manage and maintain these systems in a validated state (including CRQs, system periodic reviews, maintenance, upgrades and migrations to new systems).
- Participates/leads/manages other QIS project teams to desired outcomes without having direct reporting relationship to the team members.
- Manages of the daily system functionality including monitoring of data feeds from HR System to the LMS and DMS.
- Partners with the business community to deploy, support, manage, monitor and sustain non-GxP training effectively and efficiently to the target audience via LMS.
- Acts as backup support for GxP training assignments when needed.
- Serves on multiple teams/ workstreams (to represent Alcon) related to LMS and DMS and other QIS responsible systems as needed.
- Develops and maintains a strategic vision is established for the Alcon DMS and LMS applications.
- Acts as Alcon representative on Cross-Company initiatives related to QIS systems (including integration, global strategies).
- Maintains systems in a validated state in accordance with internal computer system validation requirements and external requirements/standards including periodic review of the systems as defined procedurally and including data integrity of these systems.
- Ensures systems and supporting processes retain records per record management procedures.
- Coordinates the deployment of DMS and LMS to the all Alcon sites globally, including training site super-users and supporting their implementation plans/questions/issues.
- Supports DMS and LMS application deployments for Acquisition sites.
- Participates in internal and external audits as the DMS and LMS business system owner.
- Works collaboratively with IT/IGM and the business stakeholders to ensure user requirements are established and represented.
- Serves as a business liaison with IT/IGM for the maintenance of the QIS validated systems and ensures budget needs are managed for QIS systems.
- Provides application design guidance and collaboration with the GxP Training manager for deployment of role based curricula.
- Serves as a backup for other QIS responsible systems and related business processes where needed.
- Ensures SME networks are established for key QIS including identification of Super Users/Champions.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
- 5 years directly related experience
GXP experience preferred
Lean Six Sigma preferred
Plato, Documentum, Trackwise experience preferred
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top