QA Medical Complaints Handling Specialist
- Warsaw, Poland
Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world - with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in over 70 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries.
Alcon Global Services (AGS) is a dynamic team providing critical shared-services support to the Alcon organization worldwide - in areas like Finance, IT, HR, Quality, and more. Our objective in AGS is simple - ensuring the satisfaction of our internal clients and contributing to an outstanding experience for Alcon's customers worldwide.
Join Alcon and help the world See Brilliantly!
The Medical Complaints Handling Specialist is responsible for processing of complaint records involving Alcon devices and OTC products across the EMEA region. Activities include intake/system entry, triage and all related customer communications such as follow up and final responses. All complaint handling activities shall comply with local and international regulations, guidelines, and applicable directives.
How you will make a difference:
• Manage collection, data entry, processing, documentation, reporting and follow-up of all technical product complaints and adverse event (AE) reports for all Alcon products from healthcare professionals (HCPs), patients, internal Alcon personnel, clinical trials, non-interventional studies, and customer oriented marketing programs (COMPs), literature, spontaneous reports, etc. in a timely manner per SOPs, regulations and directives.
• Transcribe, translate and enter all data available in the source documents or retrieved from phone calls and/or follow-ups, into safety systems accurately and consistently with emphasis on timeliness and quality.
• Maintain a working knowledge of company policies and procedures, departmental processes, and associated work instructions to ensure an understanding of information/data collection required and associated timelines for technical and AE complaints to assure compliance with regulations and directives.
• Review potential complaint data received via safety system(s), service records, Alcon's website, CRM system, and other methods, as required.
• Triage/address calls from all sources for quality technical complaints, Adverse Events, requests for refund, requests for replacement product and requests for credit.
• Facilitate/arrange returns of samples originating from hospitals, clinics, opticians, end-customers, etc. for shipping to manufacturing sites for analysis
• Inform management of potential safety issues, emerging trends and/or concerns.
• Prepare and submit response letters to inform patients/customers about the results of investigation.
• Is cognizant of, and works efficiently within applicable time zones. Works efficiently with online meetings.
• Ensure non-complaint related enquiries are sent to the relevant parties, such as Customer Service, Medical Product Information or manufacturers of non-Alcon devices.
• Treat privacy data related to complaints with appropriate attention in line with local requirements and GDPR.
What we can offer you:
• Opportunity to work on best in class Organization among Medical Devices/Equipment sector
• Opportunity to work in a high paced agile environment
• Work with people who are passionate of delivering outcomes and a culture of simplification and ownership
• Possibility to influence the design of the solution responding to business needs to enhance customer experience
• Collaboration and frequent direct interactions with business stakeholders
• Truly international environment and daily interactions with colleagues from all over the world
• Attractive benefits package (private medical care, group insurance, lunch card, transportation allowance, pension plan, Multisport/cultural card, free Alcon products for you and your significant other
• Permanent employment contract, attractive base salary and annual bonus
• Flexible hours and remote work possibilities
• Brand new office in Marynarska 15, Warsaw, with a lot of facilities inside
Skills for success:
• 1 year of experience in Customer service, com-plaints handling, quality management system or similar.
• Fluent in English both spoken and written is a requirement. Minimum of B2 (CEFR) proficiency when covering also local language communications.
• Computer literacy with standard software platforms
• Effective communicator and ability to work with a variety of departments and regulatory bodies.
• Demonstrates the Company's Values and Behaviors
• Quality and focus oriented
Back to top