Project Manager I
You are applying to be part of the Novartis Talent Pool. We are not currently recruiting for this role but we are building a pipeline for future opportunities. If you would like to be considered for a similar position in future, then please submit your CV.
The purpose for this role is to support the business of our internal customers through efficient, effective and comprehensive project management solutions. This position plans, conducts and provides project management expertise to one or more projects of significant importance and difficulty where the scope, complexity, risk, and/or investment involved requires the broad application of intermediate knowledge.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to develop project plans, forecasts/budgets, and timelines (milestones)
• Provide comprehensive tracking and monitoring for project team using project management expertise and software
• Integrate program specific requirements into relevant business systems
• Monitor and report project team activities against project plan to identify deviations from planned timing, budget or scope
• Use appropriate communication tools to ensure that all project customers are informed of project status
• Facilitate risk management of projects and escalation/mitigation of significant deviations
• Facilitate project team meetings with agendas, minutes, and action items
• Assure that project support activities of functional teams are aligned with the project plan
• Work with Finance and Functions to build project budgets and monitor actual vs. expected spend
• This person will create a transparent project management environment which provides for the effective planning and efficient monitoring of the global and regional medical affairs plans, including Alcon initiated and Investigator initiated clinical studies.
• This person will also periodically review Global and Regional MA plans and work with CDMA project leads and the Global and Regional CDMA Franchise, as well as commercial and development functions to establish the best medical affairs plans and manage resources across various medical affairs projects to increase value and efficiency.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Fluent in verbal and written English communication skills.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field with (5+) years of directly related working experience OR equivalent combination of education and work experience (HS+13, AA+9, MS+2, PhD+0)
• Excellent project management, planning and tracking, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Microsoft Project experience.
• Excellent complex analytical skills (problem structuring and problem solving)
• Experience with Medical Device and/or Pharma Industries preferred, not required.
• Degree in Science or Engineering preferred, not required.
Back to top