Project Head I-Surgical
•Based on GFT driven portfolio strategy, Project Head is responsible for planning, development, execution, management of the assigned Projects to achieve strategic and operational objective set up by Head of Projects and/or Head of the assigned division.
- This individual will partner with Management to determine and communicate project execution strategy for assigned projects.
- This individual will also partner with PPM to create a regular status communication strategy
- The Project Head will work with Head of Surgical Instrumentation Projects and internal and external stakeholders, and will play a leadership role developing and fostering collaborative relationships within Alcon’s cross functional organizational structure.
- Based on project stage assignment, this role contributes to Proof of Concept for projects unmet need, regional agency Approvals, support of commercial franchise Launches in global regions.
- A contributing member in a team of Project Heads that collaborates regularly to foster best practices in both project governance and stage gate project execution including design control activities.
- Surgical Instrumentation Group Heads provide project and resource structure in collaboration with COE groups from the various technical disciplines.
- Champion corporate values and behaviors with a focus on (a), (b) & ©:
- (a) Results-Driven: how this role contributes to Alcon’s growth through innovation increasing output of products to serve patients by responding with breakthrough and incremental products and to a current workload situation.
- (b) Leadership: aligns and energizes associates behind common objectives; develops skill sets and behaviors to enhance Alcon’s organization capabilities.
- © Open Communication/Collaboration/Compassion
- Understanding of the strategy and the unmet medical needs to be addressed.
- Supporting Core Teams to accelerate projects through the governance and development pipelines.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Advanced degree or equiv educ/degree in life science/healthcare or relevant scientific/technical discipline required.
- Doctorate preferred.
- Advanced medical/scientific area knowledge is required. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- 6 – 11 years of involvement in research, drug or medical device development in an academic or industry environment.
- Greater than 3 years of demonstrated leadership and accomplishment in all aspects of conducting projects (e.g., planning, executing, reporting and publishing), in pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Greater than 3 years project management experience required. Global project management experience desirable.
- Strong project management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Considerable organization awareness (e.g., inter-relationship of departments, business priorities), including significant experience working cross-functionally and in global teams.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top