Project Head I - Vision Care
- Fort Worth, TX
• Based on GFT driven portfolio strategy, Project Head I is responsible for planning, development, execution, and management of the assigned Projects to achieve strategic and operational objectives set up by Vision Care R&D Ocular Health management.
• Provides overall leadership to the project team with clear direction and guidance.
• Organizes, coordinates and manages cross-functional project work.
• Ensures high performance execution of key milestones.
• This role will collaborate with cross-functionally with Global Franchise (GFT), MTO, Clinical, Regulatory, Quality, PPM and Region Franchise management to coordinate and execute project tasks and communicate project status.
• Support Development in interactions with external stakeholders (e.g., regulatory authorities, key opinion leaders, Scientific advisory boards, internal stakeholders (e.g., Research, Exploratory Development, Global Clinical & Medical Affairs, Marketing etc.), and internal governance.
• Ensure all functions supporting the project team are adequately resourced. • Elevate issues to Head of Projects and or Senior Management.
• Accountable for developing realistic project budget forecasts and timely flagging of budget variations with rationale.
• Based on complexity of project or based on where project is in development timelines, Project Head I may be responsible for one, two, or more projects.
• Management of small to medium scale projects in compliance with the Alcon R&D Governance process.
• Conduct and participate in face-to-face meetings with associates and external contractors locally (US headquarters, Fort Worth, TX) as well as at US R&D sites (Georgia, California) and Manufacturing sites globally as required.
• Project Head is expected to have a good understanding of the technical or clinical science associated with ophthalmic medical device development and/ or eye drops developments/ ophthalmic pharmaceutical products development.
• Strong project management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and problem solving skills.
• Considerable organizational awareness (e.g., inter-relationship of departments, business priorities), including significant experience working cross-functionally and in global teams.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school+15 yrs.; Assoc. +14 yrs.; M.S. +7 yrs.; PhD+6 yrs.).
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
• 7+ Years of Relevant Experience
Back to top