Project Director - Dry Eye
Be a part of helping people #SeeBrilliantly! This role is responsible for the planning, development, and execution of all assigned projects within Alcon's Ocular Health portfolio. The Project Director is expected to be the "CEO of a Project" and have a strong understanding of the science within the therapeutic space. This individual will need to have a significant amount of experience working cross-functionally and in global teams. This role will allow you to not only execute project pipeline deliverables, but support product launches globally! This is a highly visible role that will interface with key internal and external leaders as well as advisory boards.
• Supports the Senior Director of Ocular Health and the Franchise Head in creating product development strategy; brings strong technical expertise in specific technical fields (pharma and medical devices).
• Responsible for strategic projects and may manage multiple medium to large-scale projects simultaneously in compliance with Stage-Gate process.
• Provides leadership to the project team with clear direction and guidance.
• Mentors less experienced Project Heads on project leadership best practices as needed.
• Organizes, coordinates and manages cross-functional project work ensuring high performance execution of key milestones.
• Establishes and maintains cross-functional collaboration in project governance, Stage-Gate execution, including design control activities, Centers of Excellence (Clinical, Regulatory), the Research function, Manufacturing, Quality and outside contractors.
• Develops and fosters collaborative relationships with external stakeholders (e.g., Regulatory authorities, scientific advisory boards), internal stakeholders (e.g., Functional Heads, Research, Exploratory Development, Global Clinical & Medical Affairs, Marketing, BD&L [Business Development & Licensing], etc.), and internal governance.
• Provides input to Head of Projects on adoption of tools, methodologies to improve productivity and processes.
• Serves as key point of contact for all project information, including the preparation of project/portfolio information and maintaining project documentation.
• Partners with Management/PPM to create a regular status communication strategy.
• Ensures all functions supporting the project team are adequately resourced.
• Accountable for developing realistic project budget forecasts and timely flagging of budget variations with rationale.
• Monitors progress, identifies problems and deviations and takes corrective action; tracks total cost versus budget and control spending within approved limits.
• Executes on Project Pipeline deliverables, based on project stage assignment, contributes to Proofs of Concept, Approvals, and supports launches in other regions.
• Delivers results in a timely manner (i.e. milestones, filing approvals, and proofs of concept).
• Champions corporate values and behaviors with a focus on results contributing to breakthrough and incremental products.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree with 10 years of relevant experience (or high school +18 yrs; Associates +14 years; Masters' +7 years; Ph.D. +6 years).
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
• Experience leading a major project/program in a fast paced, cross-functional environment.
• Experience accelerating projects through the governance process and development pipeline.
• Possesses considerable organization awareness (e.g., inter-relationship of departments, business priorities), including significant experience working in global teams.
• Good understanding of science in the assigned therapeutic area.
• Strong project management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
• Able to work independently as well as under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals.
• Ph.D. in Life Sciences
• Understanding how a drug is developed (beginning with formulation)
• Product development life cycle experience (e.g., product identification to commercialization)
• Knowledge of Dry Eye OR Glaucoma OR Cataracts, OR Retinal conditions, OR AMD (Age-related Macular Degeneration)
Back to top