Production Group Lead
To assist in the planning, scheduling and execution of the daily production line activities. The Group lead will serve as a key point of contact for operators and be responsible for gathering and assisting in the communication of relevant information between shifts, operators, management, and key stakeholders within the production environment. Includes the ability to train staff that fosters a team environment.
1. Assist Production Supervisors to ensure the execution of the daily production schedule 2. Serve as a key point of contact for the operators 3. Ensure accurate and timely communication between operators, shifts, various departments and management. 4. Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures while meeting the production schedule. 5. Anticipates problems, troubleshoots issues and proactively works to facilitate solutions 6. Ensures both fulltime and temporary associates are trained on both process and equipment. 7. Coordinates the review and correction of production documents. 8. Responsible for management of the MBR from beginning to end. 9. Coordinates associate breaks, lunches and job rotations while ensuring production schedule is achieved. 10. Coordinates Pre/Post Line Clearance checks as well equipment challenges. 11. Ensures timely completion and facilitation of line changes and turnovers. 12. Ensures communication of weekly safety topics to operators, reports near misses, performs routine safety audits and reports safety incidents to management in a timely manner. 13. Ensure good housekeeping and safe working environment
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
The most successful candidate will have a High School diploma or equivalent, plus 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of 1 year leadership experience and the ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
In addition to:
• Completion of LEAD Development Program
• Strong GMP Documentation Skills
• Strong communication skills with the ability to transfer technical information
• Ability to understand key performance matrix
• Thorough understanding of Production Key Performance Measures
• Above average understanding of Manufacturing / Production Principles
• Knowledgeable of Company Policies, Procedures, Code of Conduct and demonstrates the Novartis Values and Behaviors
Preferred: Associate Degree
Back to top