Product Security Engineer (Multiply Locations)
- Mission Viejo, CA
Product Security Engineers are responsible for the end-to-end security of the assigned Alcon product(s) and working closely with R&D staff in achieving product and security objectives. The product security engineers are knowledgeable in key aspects of the hardware; software, protocols, cloud and related infrastructure technology stack. We are looking for passionate security professional with experience of working with software/application development, in a regulated industry supporting the implementation of secure development practices, threat modeling, architecture, design, vulnerability assessment and security verification/validation.
The responsibilities include but is not limited to:
• Perform architecture reviews as part of product security process
• Contribute to threat modeling and security risk assessments
• Contributes to security requirements/use cases development
• Influencing product features and roadmaps
• Manage and implement security in assigned products
• Develop/contribute success criterial for security product/solution testing
• Being a technical lead and guidance for product teams
• Support in security compliance/regulatory documentation
• Building capabilities, tools, and help automate where possible driving improvements to Alcon product security process and practices
• Lead vulnerability/incident assessment in alignment with security vision
This position may sit at any Alcon location US or International.
Fort Worth, TX
Johns Creek, GA
Sinking Spring, PA
Europe Alcon Locations
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +13 yrs; Assoc.+9 yrs; M.S.+2 yrs; PhD+0 yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand, and communicate in English
• 5 Years of Relevant Experience
• Industry experience in a regulatory environment.
• Working knowledge in Cybersecurity with software/application or product development.
• Technical skills security in multiple technologies in the areas of:
• Operating Systems: Windows/Linux/Ubuntu
• Cloud Containers, security controls for IaaS, PaaS, Serverless: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, identity and Management, Encryption/data protection, Key Management, Software security, cloud development areas
• Programming skills (Java, Python, C/C++/C#)
• Secure Development Processes including threat modeling, security requirements, test automation, vulnerability management etc.
• Various technology stack including UX, Databases, middleware, applications etc.
Back to top