Product Security Architect (Multiply Locations)
- Mission Viejo, CA
Product Security Architect is responsible for the end-to-end security of Alcon product(s) and works closely with the R&D staff in achieving product and security objectives including regulatory and compliance certifications. The product security architect is able to leverage his/her knowledge of the technology stack from hardware, software; protocols, cloud, and related infrastructure components to build relevant product architectures, design patterns, methods, and best practices.
This role includes the following key responsibilities, but is not limited to:
• Leads overall security design and architecture for assigned Alcon products, solutions.
• Defines the security requirements/specifications for the products including applicable regulatory/compliance needs (FDA, MDR, GDPR, HIPAA, etc.)
• Develops security threat modeling, security risk assessments and recommended controls to mitigate product security risks.
• Leads proof of concepts for security tools and technology to support product development.
• Drives new security features/capabilities in medical devices and related digital technologies
• Provides technical direction to Alcon product development teams.
• Create practices including standards, scalable and reusable architectural/design patterns, process improvements, to support the product security program.
• Contribute to customer/regulatory security documentation, post-production/operational aspects of product security as required.
This position may sit at any Alcon location US or International.
Fort Worth, TX
Johns Creek, GA
Sinking Spring, PA
Europe Alcon Locations
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +13 yrs; Assoc.+9 yrs; M.S.+2 yrs; PhD+0 yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand, and communicate in English
• 5 Years of Relevant Experience
• Industry experience in a regulated industry
• Working knowledge of cybersecurity with security/system architectures
• Medical devices/health care is preferred.
• One or two security related certifications (e.g. CISSP, CSA, etc.).
• Experience in product development, IOT, Connected devices or related areas.
• Knowledge in various technology stack including UX, Databases, middleware, applications, cloud (AWS/Azure), operating systems etc
Back to top