Principal Statistician - Medical Device
THIS POSITION OFFERS RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
- Supports project teams through contributions to product development strategies and the design, planning, execution, analysis, and reporting of clinical and non-clinical studies, with a view toward establishing the conditions essential for determining safety, efficacy, and marketability.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the statistical field.
- Independent operational and technical leadership of multiple protocols or non-clinical experiments or limited-scope projects including those of moderate to high complexity in one or more therapeutic areas.
- Under general supervision, may lead efforts related to project-level activities, to include analyses and inputs into regulatory filings for all phases of development.
- Ensure and manage quality, timeliness, and efficiency for all support and deliverables for designated tasks.
- Liaise with and provide needed guidance to statistical programmers assigned in support of trial or project deliverables.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with relevant team functional representation.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Doctoral degree in statistics or biostatistics.
- Master's degree with sufficient relevant experience.
- Fluent English essential (oral and written)
- At least 3 years with Doctoral degree or at least 7 years with Master's degree in the pharmaceutical or device industry or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge in statistics and clinical trial methodology.
- Sound knowledge of product clinical development and relevance to study design.
- Limited Health Authority experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top