Principal Software Test Engineer (Verification)
• Responsible for leading the software verification of complex software applications embedded in state-of-the-art ophthalmic instruments in all phases of software development life cycle including planning, inputs, design, implementation, and testing.
• Review and approve software documentation throughout the software development life cycle.
• Write and execute manual system level test cases and procedures.
• Lead project teams to facilitate Software Test Planning / Software Verification activities / SQA support.
• Coordinate software test activities with software development team and other stakeholders.
• Provide support as Subject-matter-expert on other project activities such as training, clinical activities, and audits.
• Team-oriented skills with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
EEO Statement Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements • Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +13yrs; Assoc.+9yrs; M.S.+2yrs; PhD+0yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
• 5 Years of Relevant Experience
• The ideal candidate will possess sufficient knowledge and experience on software development life cycles (Agile, iterative), FDA/ISO regulations for software development, testing embedded software systems, software test automation, software configuration management tools, and change management tools.
Back to top