Principal Scientist, Device Analytics
- Fort Worth, TX
• Consistently demonstrates quality scientific leadership by applying scientific/technical expertise to identify and resolve complex chemistry issues; lead and manage project activities, support/coach team members, participate in sub-teams and contribute to all function strategies and goals.
• Answer ad hoc questions related to chemical separation, chemical identification, characterization, spectral interpretation, or structural elucidation.
• Independently designs and executes complex, non-standard laboratory studies to solve technical challenges.
• Possess deep knowledge of international regulatory requirements and ensure all required development studies are completed prior to submission.
• Writes relevant sections of regulatory submissions and responds to regulatory questions.
• Provides a critical review of all documents/deliverables prior to regulatory submission.
• Fully knowledgeable of industry best practices and has the ability to introduce simplified practices within the function.
• Mentors co-workers within the function and routinely provide guidance to others.
• Thoroughly and clearly documents and/or reviews experiments in laboratory note-book; prepares high quality Technical Documents.
• Communicates and collaborates with colleagues within a function, within the PCD sub-team and with supervisor and mentor.
• May lead a functional sub-team or participate as a functional representative on other cross-functional teams.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience (or highschool +13 yrs; Assoc. +9 yrs; M.S. +2 yrs: PhD +0 yrs).
• Preferred: MS (5-10 years) or PhD Degree (3-5 years) with directly related scientific experience
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• Minimum: 5 Years of directly relevant experience
• Preferred qualifications: Highly skilled in chromatographic (HPLC, UPLC, GC) method development and validation per ICH and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Preferred: Prior experience working in a regulated laboratory setting per GLP/GDP requirements.
• Preferred: Prior experience in medical device and/or polymer-based device development.
• Preferred: Prior analytical chemistry drug development experience.
Back to top