Principal Optical Engineer
• We are looking for a talented Principal Optical Engineer who wants to make a big difference and contribute to the development of a state-of-the-art medical device diagnostics platform.
• In this role, you will work alongside experts in various scientific and engineering disciplines to design and develop optical systems for ophthalmic applications.
• Understand the user needs and system requirements to develop the optical architecture
• Develop models and components of the optical system
• Model the designs and perform tolerance analyses while incorporating manufactural mechanical tolerances
• Work with suppliers and other internal and external stakeholders to improve design manufacturability
• Prototype and test the optical systems
• Develop test fixtures for calibration and/or alignment
• Document the design and drawings and hold design reviews
• Develop system-level understanding and perform tasks relevant to image quality optimization and improvement
• Understand existing technologies in the clinic and identify and explore potential improvements
• Keep up to date with technology trends.
• Generate concepts and principles and investigate their feasibility for current and future products.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum requirements • Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +13 yrs; Assoc.+9 yrs; M.S.+2 yrs; PhD+0 yrs)
• The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
• 5 Years of Relevant Experience
• Experience with design, development and integration of optical systems
• Fluency in Zemax is necessary. Other engineering tools like Matlab are highly desired.
• Must be able to write clear reports, specifications, proposals, etc., and effectively discuss them with others
• Must have very good problem solving skills and attention to details
• Must be a self-starter and a fast learner
• Must work efficiently both independently and within a team
Back to top