Principal Electrical Engineer
DUE TO OUR SURGICAL EXPANSION, MUTIPLE POSITIONS ARE OPEN
- This position works in a collaborative team environment developing innovative solutions for ophthalmic cataract phacoemulsification surgery and vitreous surgery equipment and systems.
- Investigates and evaluates existing technology and design new methodology and processes as needed for medical device development.
- Plans, conducts and provides technical direction to one or more projects of major importance and difficulty where the complexity of technical problems involved requires the application of advanced knowledge of ophthalmic devices.
- In this position you will gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the eye.
- Responsible for design and development of analog circuits and systems.
- Requires strong analog design skills and competency.
- Responsible for design and development of control systems, power distribution, and AC/DC power management.
- Responsible for design and development of sensor systems.
- Responsible for taking a design from concept to Beta phase testing with manufacturing.
- Participates in product specification definition and hardware architecture.
- Define and execute design verification plans.
- Participate in and hold design reviews supporting electronic hardware development.
- Uses basic analytical techniques and/or previous experience to identify the most appropriate option or to adapt or improve existing approaches.
- Provides technical or professional advice to external and/or internal contacts.
- Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all project work.
- Assures continuity of products and processes assessment feasibility, research, design, development, compliance to customer and non-customer requirements, transfer to production.
- Leads design reviews, assigns and reviews action items.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •BSEE or related science/engineering discipline and 6 years' directly related work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Advanced analog design skills and competency skills.
- Work experience with design and development of control systems, power distribution, and AC/DC power management.
- Knowledge of design and development of sensor systems.
- Proven ability to take design from concept to beta phase testing with manufacturing.
- Proven ability to develop solutions for complex problems that require the regular use of creativity and originality.
- Advanced knowledge of ISO, FDA, MDD and regulations applicable to the design and development of medical device/science/technology.
- Excellent process management, problem solving skills and presentation capabilities.
- 9 years' work experience in the medical device industry.
- Board level design with Allegro and OrCAD schematic capture.
- Lab View experience.
- Board level design with Allegro and OrCAD schematic capture desirable.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top