Planning Manager/ Business Team Lead
The role of the Planning Manager and Supply Chain Business Team Lead is two-fold: Primary responsibility is to lead the Supply Chain Management (SCM) Business Team for the implementation of SAP Enterprise Resource Planning system at Alcon Precision Device (APD) in Sinking Spring, PA. Upon completion of the implementation project and system stabilization, the role's primary responsibility shifts to leading the operations of the planning team within the Materials organization.
1 .Responsible for leading the SCM Business Team towards achieving its targets and objectives on-time, to the specified quality level, throughout all phases of the implementation project
2. Supports the ERP team leads in all areas, focusing on the business aspects and less on methodology and delivery
3. Coaches and leads Supply Chain Management business team members
4. Ensures required business expertise is available within the team (team members, business experts invited to workshops, etc.
5. Drives and facilitates business decisions (business process changes, business scenarios, master data, organizational set-up, etc.) that meet the business requirements
6. Takes corrective actions on scope and progress deviations
7. Liaises with business stakeholders and process owners in the team, conducts reviews, change management to business, end user training
8. Liaises with other business team leads to identify integration topics and related actions
9. Continuously evaluates business impacts and risks and develops mitigating actions Planning Manager
10. Supervise the creation of a Master Production Schedule (MPS) that will meet product demand, maintain desired service levels, achieve inventory goals, balance plant capacity, and maximize resource utilization
11. Communicate market demands via the MPS to Manufacturing, the Supply Chain (S&OP), as well as the Materials Buying / Planning teams
12. Eliminate finished good and sub-assembly backorders
13.. Drive reduction of cycle times
14. Provide timely feedback to internal and external customers
15. Provide management reporting and analysis concerning inventory, production, and related performance in a timely manner
16. Supervise the allocation, shipment, and related customer service function for finished product and sub-assemblies to other Alcon manufacturing sites, Alcon affiliates, and Domestic Distribution Centers
17. Assist in the development of annual volume planning, strategic planning, capital planning, and budget planning as related to production capacities and product demand.
18. Monitor inventory levels of finished goods and sub-assemblies for identification of reserve requirements and targeted inventory months of coverage.
19. Maintain the accuracy of planning system data to assure customer service and inventory costs are not impacted by data integrity problems
20. Continuously look for opportunities to improve the speed and accuracy of planning and distribution processes
- SAP proficiency required
- Prior SAP implementation team experience preferred
- JDE and Showcase experience, a plus
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of directly related experience. The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English. 5+ Years of Relevant Experience in Supply Chain required. 3+ Years of Demonstrated Leadership
Back to top