The purpose of this position is to provide paralegal services that meet the needs of the business and the legal function. This position prepares agreements from attorney-approved templates under supervision. Conducts research and resolves routine legal questions under the direction of an attorney on a level between the attorney and the legal administrative assistant. Engages in a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to those calling for judgment and independent initiative. Advises company personnel on routine matters.
Core tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
- Draft, review and edit domestic and international agreements as assigned under supervision.
- Draft, review and edit template agreements as assigned and under supervision.
- Interface with Alcon client groups and outside vendors in processing of agreements.
- Manage drafted agreements, renewals and amendments via the contract system.
- Draft and manage template agreements via the contract system and educate internal client groups on the use of templates.
- Assist attorneys in gathering data for transaction projects, such as acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, and critical supply or sales transactions.
- Organize transactional document productions, such as for HSR filings.
- Assist attorneys with other projects as requested. Common Leadership & Development (activities common across all Paralegal areas):
- Continuously develop personal and professional skills. Contribute to education of clients.
- Understand the roles of, and interact with colleagues within the global team and cross-divisionally.
- Propose paralegal projects and/or take responsibility for a key aspect of a project.
- Mentor or train other paralegals/colleagues. Integrity and Compliance (activities common across all Paralegal areas)
- Work within Integrity and Compliance policies and ensure those around him/her do the same.
- Work to foster a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements High School diploma or equivalent with Paralegal Certificate English
- One (1) year of Legal/Contract Management experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; or
- Three (3) years of Legal/Contract Management experience with an Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies or Paralegal Certificate Program.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top