Operational Excellence Site Head
Responsible for managing Houston CIP targets on an annual basis as well as improving operational quality and productivity. Assist in defining the areas of opportunity to improve and then drive projects to completion.
Drive site Operational Excellence Program and the utilization of Lean, Six Sigma, Project Management, and Continuous Improvement tools, techniques, and methodologies to achieve results with internal and external business partners in a GMP environment. Develop talent pool through training, coaching, and certification of Continuous Improvement Specialist, Experts, and Masters Candidates.
- Manage selection and development of resources for Operational Excellence
- Budget responsibilities for Operational Excellence
- Continuous Improvement curriculum / material ownership and development in support of Alcon globally.
- Lead critical cross-functional / cross-site projects
- Track and report progress for the Site Wide continuous improvement program initiatives.
- Drive activity to manage Training and Certification goals including tracking of Certifications.
- Position must coordinate with Alcon Op Ex, MS&T, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Safety, Facilities and Operations management. Interface with other Surgical sites for best practices, global projects, and Op Ex consistency.
- This position has 1-2 direct reports, plus highly matrixed responsibilities. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Requirements:
- 7 years directly related experience, to include 5 years leading projects.
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Skilled in the fundamentals of LEAN
- BS engineering or equivalent
- 10 years of experience in medical device industry and a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Experience in Project Management, Operations Management, Continuous Improvement, Preventative Maintenance, Managerial experience with multiple teams and client groups.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top