Operational Excellence, Functional/Regional Lead
•The Operational Excellence, Functional/Regional Lead is primarily responsible for driving cross-functional process improvement programs within the non-MTO functions of Alcon as part of the overall Operational Excellence agenda.
- Focus on business performance that constantly strives to eliminate waste, improve customer satisfaction, and increase market share via the use of Lean and other continuous improvement methodologies
- Own the annual objective for the Continuous Improvement Program (CIP) for the non-MTO Business Function (i.e. Finance, IT, Commercial, R&D) and track and report progress towards the achievement of the annual target
- Liaison with the Global Operational Excellence organization to identify opportunities for site Lean improvement (Gemba) Events and candidates for Specialist and Expert Training
- Participate in major business function site Lean improvement (Gemba) events, achieving multiple $M reductions in Lead/Cycle Time and process defects
- Work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very “hands-on” approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead change driver.
- Mentor Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Specialists through the completion of certification projects.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Min: University degree in Business, Finance, IT or Engineering.
- Preferred: certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Preferred: certification as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Fluency in English essential.
- Min: At least 5 years of experience in a transactional Business Function (i.e. IT, Finance, R&D, Commercial)
- Preferred: 8 years of experience in a transactional Business Function (i.e. IT, Finance, R&D, Commercial)
- Min: Training in Change Management, Project Management Communications and Coaching, with demonstrated application.
- Preferred: Experience achieving results through utilization of Lean, Six Sigma and related Continuous Improvement systems, methodologies and tools.
- Track record of successfully managing major change.
- Proven strong experience in one or more project leadership role(s) with proficiency using various project management tools used to build and track projects and integrated projects (Example: MS Project).
- Have a history/evidence of achieving results despite challenges and barriers.
- Experience working / supporting / interacting with senior and executive leadership.
- Ability to analyze data including financial and business performance information.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top