Network Security Engineering Expert
- Warsaw, Poland
Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world - with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in over 70 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries.
Out of our competence center in Warsaw we support various IT sub functions: from ERP through Infrastructure Services or Commercial, Digital and Finance IT. Our main goal is to support Alcon transformation journey and build a strong organization that can quickly react to changing business environment. By joining our center in Warsaw you will become a part of the global Alcon IT Team - working closely with the stakeholders from all around the world.
Join Alcon and help the world See Brilliantly!
Network Security Engineering Expert will be responsible for the design, configuration and troubleshooting of the Alcon corporate Network Security Infrastructure to ensure proper security policy and protection of IT and OT assets.
How you will make a difference:
• Overseeing network security infrastructure and monitoring system reliability and performance.
• Investigating, recommending, and installing enhancements and operating procedures that improve security, efficiency, and availability.
• Responding to unplanned events that adversely affect the network or computing environment.
• Designing and implementing Firewall, IPS Remote Access, and Proxy systems to provide secure connectivity and access.
• Creating and maintaining firewall policies.
• Maintaining security infrastructure systems, and performing upgrades to hardware and software as required.
• Participating in long- and short-range technology planning.
• Maintaining documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and software.
• Documenting network configuration and hardware/software-related operating procedures.
• Performing other related work as required.
What we can offer you:
• Opportunity to work on best in class technology platforms and solutions in the area of Network and Network Security, with having the broad view on all the technologies and solutions used in Alcon globally.
• Opportunity to work in a high paced agile environment with people who are passionate of delivering outcomes and a culture of simplification and ownership.
• Empowerment to create and work on the solutions that will deliver the highest customer value. Your voice as an expert in the area of Network Security will be heard and your ideas for improvement, based on your know-how and market knowledge will be expected.
• Ability to cross skill and grow or move (horizontally/vertically) into many different areas of specialization within the organization according to your professional interests and preferences to grow your skillset.
• Truly international environment and daily interactions with colleagues from all over the world.
• Attractive benefits package, including private medical care, group insurance, lunch card, transportation allowance, pension plan, Multisport/cultural card, Alcon products for you and your significant other.
• Attractive compensation package (including bonus scheme).
• Flexible working hours and remote work possibilities.
• Brand new office with a lot of facilities inside, located at NewCity building, 15 Marynarska Street, Warsaw.
Minimum requirements & skills for success:
To be a successful candidate, you should have:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of applicable experience
• 5+ years of experience in Network Security or in general networking (routing and switching) + Network Security combined.
• Experience in working with infrastructure and/or end user experience.
• In-depth knowledge of firewalls.
• Zscaler experience is nice to have.
• Knowledge of Tufin Orchestration Suite would be a plus.
• Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a complex matrix organization.
• Proven experience managing issues and handling incidents in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements and standardization.
• Ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English.
Back to top