National Account Director - Southeast/Mid-Atlantic/Telesales Regions
Preferred Location for this position is Harrisburg, PA.
We will consider applicants from the following areas:
New York Metro area
Alcon is seeking a National Account Director to join our team.
- Responsible for developing, managing and implementing successful strategic area business plans for the sales of Alcon OTC products in assigned area to include Publix, AHOLD, C&S, Harmons, Harris Teeter, Giant Eagle, Food Lion, Southeastern Grocers, Weis, Ingles, Tele-sales and other area customers with a main purpose of achieving sales volume objectives and profit goals through a sales agent (Advantage Solutions) across the assigned area with integrity.
- Develop, coordinate and lead area Alcon OTC strategy.
- Deliver the annual plan and cover plan numbers vs. quota, opportunities, red flags, gaps, etc. with Advantage Solutions Business Managers on a weekly basis.
- Take a leadership role that enables the sales agent Advantage Solutions to optimize area business opportunities through flawless execution of the 4 P's (Product, Promo-tion, Placement and Pricing).
- Provide accurate monthly forecast estimates for assigned area.
- Manage, train, conduct business reviews, coach and motivate sales agent Advantage Solution to foster a productive sales partnership.
- Establishing strong relationships with the customers within the assigned area, developing and deploying business plans for strategic accounts and executing with excellence Marketing and Alcon headquarter initiatives.
- Collaborate with all cross functional counterparts (Marketing, Finance, Customer Ser-vice, Logistics, Product Development, and HR) and team members as necessary to deliver the business results.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor in Business Administration. Preferred Level: MBA.
- Minimum Required: 5 years experience successfully managing sales agents.
7 to 10 years experience successfully managing sales agents preferred
- Experience working with Publix and AHOLD is preferred.
- Knowledge of the industry, the customers, the product, and the competition is beneficial.
- Proven experience selling/maintaining major customers (Top to Top) is ideal.
- Should have experience in strategic decision making, team building, and negotiations.
- Proven leadership skills – own your business; make it happen, idea leadership.
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to influence (internal and external customers)
- Demonstrated analytical skills – managing monthly objectives/budgets, forecasting, sales reporting, competitive analysis, etc.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Sr. BPA Analyst
Jose enables Alcon to carry out big-picture plans by crunching numbers for global business planning. He helps the company understand where it is and where it can go.
Back to top