NA Surgical Medical Director
- Fort Worth, TX
• Drive the North America Medical strategy for development surgical products in the Ophthalmology Therapeutic Area.
• Provide critical input into the strategy, development, management, and implementation for Phase IIIB/IV product support studies for surgical programs; will also be involved in providing strategic input for global development programs and registration.
• The position includes extensive involvement with global development colleagues, marketing and sales, including conduct of field force training, sales material development and review, presentations and leadership of advisory boards, medical communications strategy development and implementation, and meetings with major healthcare providers; with a focus on meeting the needs of a diverse set of stakeholders.
• Provide strategic US Medical input to Global Development on clinical development (Phase II - IV), pre-registration, label extension, pre- and post-market launch strategies, and life cycle management.
• Attend scientific meetings, foster, and develop strong relationships with investigators.
• Leverage strong science in the development and launch of commercially viable products utilizing aggressive timelines; integrate scientific rigor, medical need and commercial value into compelling strategies in support of successful registration and marketing.
• Identify and implement high value strategies for product life cycle development and expansion across the entire Novartis portfolio.
• Contribute to the development of new indications for existing products.
• Develop and implement reliable and high-value communication strategies for new and existing products.
• Team responsibilities include North America medical affairs support for in-line and pre-launch products, including strategic and tactical planning and design, implementation and timely completion of Phase 4 studies and addressing post-marketing concerns.
• Work in, and enable a positive team environment and interact with global clinical, scientific and marketing teams.
• Prioritize and resource pre-market launches and post-market medical programs.
• Successfully create a bridge between clinical development teams and provide medical expertise to the commercial product development teams.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email [email protected]
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Minimum: Bachelor's or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Preferred: BS/BS in related field. MD/DO/MBBS/OD or other graduate medical degree required. PhD or PharmD.
Minimum: 10 Years of Relevant Experience. 6 Years of Demonstrated Leadership Preferred: 10+ years of experience. Solid knowledge of eye diseases and pharmaceutical. Excellent knowledge of Ophthalmology required. 5 years of combination academic and pharmaceutical/med device industry experience. Strong knowledge of the assigned disease state and landscape. Strong knowledge of the competitive products within their assigned therapeutic area and their application. Experience designing and executing clinical trials. Broad knowledge of drug development, clinical trial design, regulatory requirements, payer landscape and life cycle management.
The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
Back to top