MTO IRIS Process Lead, NFCM
The MTO IRIS NFCM Expert is responsible for the implementation of internal controls across all cycles - based on the Novartis Financial Control Manual III (NFCM III). Has a deep knowledge on the industry and a thorough understanding of Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Record to Payment business processes and related internal controls. Works closely with other MTO IRIS team members including IRIS Core, Divisional and Local Process Owners and the business stakeholders to ensure IRIS corresponds to the business requirements in MTO and that assigned tasks are completed within time and with the required quality.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Leads NFCM III activities for MTO IRIS and act as a single point of contact for the MTO IRIS team members including IRIS Core, Divisional and Local Process Owners and the business stakeholders where IRIS is being implemented. Performs assigned tasks according to specifications described on NFCM Playbook
- Records and reports progress against plan to MTO Business Lead and NFCM IRIS Business Lead
- Reports actual and potential problems and develops scenarios for possible solutions
- Reports project issues that may influence the work plan, budget, and/or schedule within the different markets.
- Maintains close working relationships with other team members, senior functional representatives and key users
- Follows project standards in all activities
- Ensures the production of quality deliverables
- Coordinate Control Owner training for each deployment country in line with Training methodology.
- Ensure proper documentation (eg. SOPs) is in place for all markets going live as per timelines.
Stakeholder and Change Management
- For the assigned responsibilities, assesses impact and dependencies of the project activities on other IRIS deployments (i.e. Commercial), and on other Novartis Divisions and on the business; timely aligns actions and approach with the different stakeholders
- Drives Change Management processes for the assigned responsibilities and collaborates closely with various business stakeholder groups to initiate and drive process and organizational changes. Thereby, assesses impacts on MTO IRIS project and the business.
Business partnering responsibilities
- Drives and facilitates business decisions (business process changes, business scenarios, master data, organizational set-up, etc.)
- Takes corrective actions on scope and progress deviations
- Liaises with business stakeholders and process owners, conducts reviews, change management to business
- Continuously evaluates business impacts and risks; proposes mitigating actions
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business administration, Accounting, or Finance
Minimum of 7 years experience in Finance (accounting or business controlling)
- Hands on experience with internal controls and understanding of internal controls methodology
- Strong understanding of financial processes and controls (e.g. Finance Core, NFCM, NPMR, and FCRS) and ERP flows. Alcon business processes and IRIS knowledge is an advantage.
- Strong project management and communication skills demonstrated by results in cross functional, multi-cultural projects. Ability to drive for results and meet project deadlines.
- Proven ability to collaborate with business stakeholders to initiate and implement process changes
- Challenge the status quo and always look for opportunities to simplify and enhance supply chain activities
- Ability to act in a complex, culturally diverse and changing business environment
- Knowledge of working on ERP systems, i.e. SAP
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top