(m/f/d) Customer Operations Head, DACH
- Großostheim, Germany
Alcon is the global leader in eye care, dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. With our 70-plus-year heritage, we are the largest eye care device company in the world - with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care. Being a truly global company, we work in over 70 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries.
Working in Customer Operations at Alcon is more than working on the latest technology project. It's about working on the latest business project that will help Alcon reach more people, improve services, and streamline processes that help people see better.
Globally, we share a bond - seeing better enhances our quality of life. This is your chance to make contributions to a leading company that you can be proud of every day and help make a positive impact that can benefit yourself, your loved ones, your community and our world!
Join Alcon and help the world See Brilliantly!
The Cluster Customer Operation Head is leading the Customer Operations (CO) function in the cluster organization. Drives and supports locally the transformation of International CO into intelligent E2E service centres which enhances customer experience, provides innovative and valued services with an aspiration to be the leaders in med tech companies, offering best in class tools & services and this in close collaboration with the Head, Customer Operations Region and in line with the overall CO International vision and strategy.
Scope is one Customer Operations function for both Franchises, Surgical and Vision Care, including all 12 sub-processes within pre-order, order and return process streams for local market / cluster
• Manage local / CO teams and operations and drive operational efficiencies and continuous improvement by implementing organizational structures and processes locally / in cluster (including virtual and physical centralization opportunities)
• Develop a culture in line with International Operations Vision to make every customer touch point brilliant
• Align with Head, Customer Operations Region on the local / cluster aspects of the transformation plans of Customer Operations (CO) into intelligent E2E service centers and to become a more customer centric organization and execute against those plans
• Secure all OTI strategy execution, processes and contribution to the commercial and economic success, customer loyalty, reputation and culture of Alcon
• Have high positive impact on both internal and external associates, stakeholders and customers. Lead, develop and coach direct reports.
• Execution of CO strategy, organizational design of teams and processes within market / cluster with following scope:
o Pre order stream: preparation of Tender, management of Quotes and Contracts, creation and maintenance of Customer-, Price-, and Material Master data
o Order / delivery stream: interface between customers and Alcon in terms of sales order creation, secure order conditions, back- orders, sample management, shipping compliance, consignment stock inventory, obsolescence, unsterile IOL handling, C-Pak handling
o Return / credit note stream: customer invoicing and invoice shipping, return material authorization, carrier and RDC coordination, credit notes issuance
o CO optimization, standardization and automation execution, including virtual and physical centralization, including leveraging regionally provided services e.g. 2nd level support for IRIS IDoc management and for defined sub-processes, mainly in the areas of pre-order processes and returns / credit note sub processes
o Non CO tasks, until handed over to respective functions, e.g. fitting advise for contact lenses to support fitting process of ophthalmologists and opticians or Vigilance Management for Vision Care (in cooperation with Medical Safety)
• Own all CO processes on country / cluster level and build and foster trusting relationships between the CO functions and other local functions like: local / cluster Leadership Team, Business Franchises Sx and VC, Supply Chain to ensure smooth transactions in line with Franchise needs
• Ensure effective communications towards key stakeholders, both internal and external
• Support the implementation of changes through coordination of activities with the local / cluster and shared service centre
• Ensure consistently high service levels measured by key internal and external performance measures for internal and external service providers. Measures KPIs and secures that necessary corrective actions are taken.
• Permanently assess and adapt relevant processes and local / cluster organizational structures for CO processes to increase customer satisfaction. This includes optimization, automation and centralization initiatives
• Drive collaboration and cooperation to deliver against aligned KPIs for main processes, drive collaboration and cooperation with in- and external partners, initiate, and manage improvement projects beyond CO with cross-functional teams (BUs, Finance, AGS and Com. Ops.)
• Ensure compliance of quality and regulatory standards as well as legal requirements, secure that all processes are well documented in SOPs and in line with the company requirements
• Manage local/cluster CO cost centre in most effective manner without compromising service levels. Optimize resources within the multifunctional teams to support achievement of functional & company targets
• Member of regional CO management Team.
• Education: University or comparable business degree
• Languages: Local language and ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
o 3-5 years proven leadership experience with strong business acumen, people management and functional expertise in OTI and preferably SCM needed
o Proven management & leadership skills within a matrix organization
o Experience in change management and project management, understanding of E2E processes and ability to drive process improvements
o For Cluster countries: Experience in managing multiple countries and cultural background
o Proven experience managing deadlines/prioritizing workload with key stakeholders
o Project management experience within ERP would be beneficial
Role can be based Grossostheim or Frieburg or Austria Switzerland for the right candidate.
Back to top