Mechanical Engineer II
•Development of electromechanical surgical systems.
- Define requirements and develop mechanical assemblies for surgical systems.
- Define, execute and document verification for system and mechanical subsystems in support of DHF requirements and regulatory bodies.
- Work under limited supervision on projects with more experienced engineers.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Mechanical Engineering Discipline: MS + 2-5 years related experience or; BS + 5 years related experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
- Experience with mechanism design, die cast, injection molding, machining, sheet metal, cabling, welding (metal and plastic), and DFM/DFA.
- Proficient with solid modeling, tolerance analysis, and GD&T.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!!! NO RELOCATION EXPENSES OFFERED!!
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top