Manager, Systems Engineering
•To lead a group of 4-8 engineers, which develop inspection equipment for Intraocular lenses (IOLs) and/or lens delivery systems including engineering, startup, commissioning and qualification new systems to inspect.
- This position will work closely with MS&T, production, R&D subject matter experts (SMEs) and quality to implement next generation equipment for new products.
- Provides managerial direction and technical leadership to introduce new measurement systems into production Guiding the engineering of processes, fixtures, methods that entail significant engineering (development, test evaluation, IOQ, PQ).
- Provide guidance to ensure appropriate stakeholder alignment for test method changes.
- Ensure that equipment and processes meet the needs of the site, within a given timeframe and budget.
- Provide support for end users through completion of transfers, training and turnover of systems to operations.
- Risk assessments & Requirement generation for equipment and processes Ability to apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices outside of area of discipline expertise.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements •Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in an Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or applicable Science required; Masters or higher preferred Fluency in English essential
- 6 years’ experience in Manufacturing Process Engineering &/or New Product
- 2+ years’ experience in leading teams with demonstrated results in leadership, organizational planning and project management skills
- Development experience within the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding and developing system level requirements, optical system process development
- Skills: Data-driven decision making; Understanding of optics used in microscopes and optical metrology; Strong risk analysis skills; Must have a good understanding of medical device quality regulations and GMP
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top