Manager, Molding Engineering
To plan, organize and manage designated molding engineering resources to solve process & production problems, develop and implement process improvements, and implement new products into manufacturing while maintaining the highest quality standards and facilitating continuous improvement in product cost, asset utilization and cycle times.
- Ensure that molding engineering projects are properly planned, prioritized and managed to facilitate completion in accordance with facility goals and objectives.
- Staff and develop team to consistently achieve and exceed shared objectives.
- Develop robust talent within team for future growth.
- Actively drive culture of ownership and engagement through effective goal alignment and establishment of clear expectations and accountability.
- Guide Molding team by identifying all internal and external stakeholders and establishing alignment through ambiguous and challenging situations.
- Promote collaboration and teamwork with all departments by open, candid communication and timely coordination.
- Own the Training Curriculum for its Job Profile and provides the necessary training and support to new associates joining this position.
- Continuously improve internal systems/processes to ensure limited resources are utilized efficiently.
- Develop product knowledge to help ensure customer needs are fulfilled by identifying and meeting all critical quality attributes.
- Develop and execute molding strategic plan with key elements including capacity, business continuity, technology, profitability, asset utilization, etc.
- Author or drive Capital Appropriation Requests (CARs) for new equipment and facility expansions as appropriate.
- Lead make/buy analysis to determine which parts should be molded in-house.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering team to transfer robust products from R&D with highly capable processes.
- Identify and implement new technology to improve quality, consistency, resource utilization, etc.
- Lead collaboration with other Alcon molding sites and industry leaders to ensure best practices are identified and leveraged.
Safety, Quality and Compliance
- Build a safety culture that strives for zero injuries through engagement and a focus on prevention and strong safety behaviors.
- Drive a culture of quality and compliance that seeks to understand fundamental requirements and effectively incorporates them in all project work.
- Ensure validation strategies (including revalidation assessments) are well aligned with Quality team and executed to meet all requirements.
- Coordinate quality investigations to ensure root cause is understood and corrective and preventive actions are effective.
- Lead/support preparation of annual capital budget and oversee spending to meet commitments
- Manage department within targeted budget, projections, turnover and other goals as established.
- Lead/support CIP (cost reduction) project planning and tracking to meet shared financial objectives. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 7 years experience in high volume molding and manufacturing environment including 5 years leading people.
- MS in a related technical or business management discipline.
- 7 years experience in medical device manufacturing or other highly regulated industry.
- Strong technical knowledge of molding equipment and processes for consumable/disposable manufacturing.
- Ability to supervise, mentor and motivate a staff of highly technical people.
- Ability to plan and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Must be capable of organizing and directing technical projects, planning, scheduling, allocating resources and multi-tasking.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial reports.
- Ability to develop and understand ROI calculations.
- Strong statistical analysis/process capability measurement skills.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations and other international compliance standards.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top