Maintenance Technician - 3rd shift
Troubleshoot and maintain equipment to fill and package products in accordance with standards and procedures (cGMP, SOPs, etc).
- Plan work activities in accordance with production schedule and shifting priorities to ensure production equipment is functioning reliably.
- Plan and execute preventive maintenance activities with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate work activities with production, making good use of downtime.
- Strictly adhere to Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs) and report all discrepancies immediately.
- Setup or maintain line/equipment for daily operation according to SOP for assigned work area and quality standards.
- Complete required documentation in accordance with cGMP and cGDP.
- Maintain aseptic personnel certification and practice good aseptic techniques in performance of duties.
- Troubleshoot line/equipment mechanical and electrical issues and efficiently perform corrective maintenance to bring line/equipment back into a running and reliable state.
- Write and implement SOPs and PM procedures.
- Identify and implement mechanical/electrical changes to enhance quality, compliance, reliability and reduce cost, following cGMP and SOPs.
- Work with suppliers to identify spare parts.
- Work with factory representatives and contractors to ensure work is performed in accordance with cGMP and SOPs.
- Assist plant engineers in new equipment startups and engineering changes.
- Cooperate and support coworkers to meet business objectives and enhance overall capability of the organization.
- Support training of new co-workers, and share knowledge and experience with co-workers to develop team’s overall capability.
- Be flexible with respect to job assignments, work schedules and overtime.
- Coordinate/support other departments to ensure smooth execution of work.
- Communicate and work with Quality Assurance on product quality issues and compliance activities.
- Communicate and work with Production to determine line/equipment reliability issues and provide feedback on line/equipment status and estimated time-to-repair.
- Communicate and work with Plant Engineering and other technical resources to troubleshoot line/equipment mechanical and electrical issues. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements High School or GED.
Trade school or formal technical training.
Technical school or military (PMEL) training
3 years of experience
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top