Maintenance Mechanic I
Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 24,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
Alcon is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic I for the Manufacturing Technical Operations division located in Lake Forest, CA. The Maintenance Mechanic performs repairs and maintenance in the labs, plant, office facilities, or on machines and equipment.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment
- Uses hand and power tools
- Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, plumbing and fire systems, install and maintain plant and production equipment
- Solid interpersonal skills in a manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of modular furniture systems
- Ability to operate forklifts and aerial platforms
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Understanding of GMP and ISO guidelines
- Good written and verbal communication skills EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent plus any required certification
- Must be able to speak English
- 2 years formal training and/or direct experience in the specified discipline preferred
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
Meet Some of Alcon's Employees
Director, Regional Sales
Kristen oversees the entire 50-person Regional Sales Team for Alcon’s cataracts business in America. She helps handle products and services associated with the surgical side of operations.
Back to top