Lead Surgical CAT Training Global Franchise
Alcon is hiring Lead Surgical CAT Training Global Franchise.
- Primary responsibility is the development of training course curriculum and processes to train new and existing Surgical Clinical Applications Specialist (CAS). In addition, the Global Training Lead is responsible for preparing the Regional CAS Training Managers on the delivery of the training course curriculum, including training on cataract procedures, and the corresponding technical application for the Alcon Surgical Cataract product lines.
- Secondary responsibility is the support of the Global and Regional sales and marketing teams.
- Development and implementation of the globalized surgical training process for the Surgical Regional CAS Training Managers.
- Development of the Surgical CAS Training Managers’ technical product knowledge; classroom training and the incorporation of adult learning concepts; benchmarking and assessing the Regional CAS Training Manager’s (RTM) strengths & weaknesses with a recommended developmental plan of action for continued trainer development.
- This will require co-training and auditing of the RTM’s classes.
- Development of course curriculum for the Surgical CAT products, and quality control efforts to ensure consistency of delivery and content in each of the Regions.
- Implementation and support of the developmental training pathway for Surgical CAS.
- Performance consultation with the Regional CAS Lead to benchmark the impact on the regional training and provide recommendations where appropriate to further enhance the effectiveness of the regional training processes.
- Support Clinical Applications meetings; major conventions; and product launches.
- Conduct training needs analysis and assist in the development of training programs to address the regional market place needs.
- Train the Surgical CAS Regional Training Managers on how to teach their CAS in conducting clinical training to surgeons on Alcon equipment.
- Develop training evaluations and measurement vehicles to provide the regional trainers an assessment tool for evaluating their personnel in both the classroom and selling environment.
- Assessment vehicles to incorporate a friendly user format and timeliness.
- Develop multi-media training tools and distance delivery vehicles to support the surgical training web-site, trainee self study, and classroom training.
- Assist in the clinical field trials of potential new products; development of training support materials; and implement the training launch for the new products.
- Development of the Surgical Regional CAS Training Managers in the utilization of the wetlab/practice lab as an effective training tool.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelor's degree Preferred: Master’s Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or Education
- Minimum: 10 years directly related experience; Preferred: Same criteria as above with 5 years of Alcon Surgical experience
Back to top